Govt. Polytechnic, Hisar was established in 1992 with the aim to enhance employability of the youth by equipping them with latest technical skills for suitable employment through technical education. In 1992, diploma courses of Plant Maintenance and Industrial Electronics were introduced with the intake of 15 students in each trade.
Today we are running 12 Diploma courses with approximately 3000 students on roll under the guidance of matured, dedicated,experienced and highly qualified staff.
The Institute is spread over an area of about 40 acres. The campus is laid out with teaching blocks, two Boys Hostels, a Girls Hostel, Canteen, Gym, Play Ground, Guest House and Residential Quarters for the Staff.
The Institute has spacious and well ventilated class rooms, labs equipped with latest and modern machinery to impart practical knowledge to the students.
The Institute library has a total collection of about 40000 books and it subscribes 26 magazines and 12 News Papers,1000 Reference books and 8 Journals to keep the students and teachers up – to – date in every field of knowledge.